Your offer should be better than that of your competitors. To do that, you need to know not only the needs of your customers, but also the offer of your competitors.
The more information you have about your competitors (existing and potential), the better you can build your strategy and differentiation against competition.
For industrial companies in particular, strategic market and competition analysis (market intelligence) is increasingly being used to systematically unlock new growth potentials and secure the own market position. It is worthwhile for any company to carry out regular competitive analyses.
Because the insights gained in this way will help you:
- to find market opportunities
- Develop new products and services
- To identify market trends
- To promote your products or services more effectively
Improving your Own Competitive Position
Analysis of Strategic Competitive Advantages
In order to assess competitors and stand out from them, a company needs concrete and verified information about the strategy of its competitors. Learn more>>
Always up to Date
Continuous Monitoring and Analysis of Competitors. We help you gather information from a wide range of business areas and sources and help you build a centralized and enterprise-wide competitor database. Learn more>>
What’s New from the Competition
Competitor New Product Analysis and Rating
The foundation of each company is its products or services. Therefore, this is an excellent starting point for your analysis, especially when it comes to new products or services from your competitors. Learn more>>
Analysis of Strategic
Improving your own
In order to assess competitors and stand out from them, a company needs concrete and verified information about the strategy of its competitors.
The analysis of competitive advantages is the structured investigation of the sales strategies and positioning of the competition. Unfortunately, often smaller companies in particular abstain from a systematic assessment of the competitors. To uncover unique selling points, create competitive quotes and discover risks a structured analysis is indispensable.
The analysis not only provides information about the number and respective market shares of the competitors, but also explanations for their company success. Thus it is possible to identify possible success factors that will help your company to position yourself better against your competitors. The result you get is a comprehensive competitive analysis, in which we will provide beside a direct comparison with your competitors, including potential for improvement also improvement options and actions for your company.
- Who and where are your main competitors?
- Which products or services do these competitors offer?
- Are these products or services are well received by the customers?
- Which prices are these competitors asking for?
- What opinion do your customers have of these competitors?
- With what effort could you catch up with the competition’s lead?
- Which new products or services in the competitors’ pipeline?
- Which market shares/supply shares with which customers and which products or products or services?
- What distribution channels are useed by the competitors?
- How is the marketing and sales strategy of the competitors?
- How does competition differentiate from your products or services?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the respective competitors?
- How are competitors financially? Are company takeovers planned or probable. Are capacity expansions planned?
- In which products and markets does competition concentrate its investments?
The list of important information about the competition can be significantly expanded. In addition, it is not enough to carry out an analysis only once. The competition must be constantly monitored and its activities assessed. The results of this must be incorporated into one’s own plans and strategies and, if necessary countermeasures must be derived.
Always up to date,
as far as competition is concerned
Continuous Monitoring and Analysis of Competitors. We help you collect information from a wide range of business areas and sources and help you build a centralized and company-wide competitor database.
The key performance indicators are compiled in clear reports, so that you, as a decision-maker, have an overview at all times.
Competition analysis enables companies that operate internationally to keep a permanent eye on their competitors in all markets and gives you an excellent fact basis for internal strategy development as well as marketing and sales planning.
Methods: Desk Research. In addition, information about customer surveys, external market research, store checks, trade fair checks and expert interviews can be supplemented.
Consulting example “Competition Monitoring”
- Strength/Weakness analyses of your competitors
- Function comparison for competitors and markets
- Battle Card for sales argument
- Market potential analyses and market attractiveness analyses
- Customizing and industry-specific competition profiles
- Central collection of all important competitor information
- Time series analyses
- Standard reports e.g. as monthly reports, quarterly reports, annual reports
© New Business Consulting GmbH
Competitor New Product Analysis
What’s New About
The foundation of each company is its products or services. Therefore, these are an excellent starting point for your analysis, especially when it comes to new products or services from your competitors.
Included in the analysis are the new product or service and also new product lines of the competitors.
Areas the analyses include:
- Price cnd condition system
- Marketing communication
- Distribution channels
- Target customers
- Positioning and differentiation at the customer
- Market potential and market attractiveness
- Production sites
- First customer reactions
- Customer ranking against existing, comparable products
In addition, this data provides you with important information about your customers. For example, what goes down well with them and what rather they don’t care about.